If the shape object you need is not in the shape collection provided by Microsoft Powerpoint, then you can draw it yourself using the Freeform or curve tool to create a curved line object.
How to draw using Freeform
Following are the steps for drawing objects with the Freeform tool:
- Click the Insert Tab then click the Insert Shape button in the Illustrations group.
- In the sub menu that appears, select Freeform in the Lines group.
- Move the pointer to the worksheet then create a new object by clicking in several places according to the object to be created, for more details in the illustration below.
Tip: Press the Shift key when moving the mouse so that the resulting line is straight.
Read also How to Insert Text in a Shape Object
How to Draw Using Curves
Following are the steps for drawing objects with the Curve tool:
- Click the INSERT Tab then click the Insert Shape button in the Illustrations group
- In the sub menu that appears, select Curve in the Lines group.
- Move the mouse pointer to the worksheet, click on the starting point then move the mouse then click again on the second point, and so on until you return to the starting point. Once you reach the starting point, double click to end. For more details, pay attention to the illustration below.
Mouse Movement Illustration
Image of the resulting object
Browse other guides Working with Shapes