To master Powerpoint quickly you have to learn the basics carefully. SlidesTo will explain everything via the article link below.
Table of Contents
Chapter I: Getting to Know Microsoft Powerpoint 2016
Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 is one of the newest Microsoft Office programs which is very popular and is widely used to create presentations by both Indonesians and people all over the world. The working appearance of Microsoft Powerpoint 2016 is not much different from the appearance of Powerpoint 2010 and Powerpoint 2013.
- About Power Point that is important to understand
- How to Run Microsoft Powerpoint 2016 Program
- Get to know the Powerpoint 2016 program display
- Get to know the Powerpoint 2016 Ribbon Menu Tab
- Setting Ribbon Appearance
- How to Hide and show Tabs
- How to Add Tabs and Groups to the Ribbon
- How to Delete Tabs and Groups on the Ribbon
- How to Move the Quick Access Toolbar
- How to Add Command Buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar
- How to Remove Command Buttons in Quick Access Toolbar
- Dialog Box Button
- How to Change the Powerpoint Window Appearance
- Set Worksheet Slide Display Size
Chapter 2: Basic Techniques for Mastering Microsoft Powerpoint
In Chapter 2, before starting to work with Microsoft PowerPoint 2016, we should first master the basic techniques for working in the Microsoft Powerpoint 2016 environment. For this reason, just follow the basic techniques which I will explain below:
- How to Choose Slides
- How to Select or Select Objects
- How to Copy Objects
- How to Moving Object Position
- Powerpoint Slideshow mode
- How to Delete a Slide
- How to Duplicate Slides
- How to Move Slide Position
- How to Save Presentation Slides
- How to Close Microsoft Powerpoint Window
- How to Open a Presentation File
- How to Protect Presentation Files
- How to Open Protected Presentation Files
Chapter 3: Presentation Slide Design Layout
In the lesson in Chapter 3, we will explain the layout and design of presentation slides in Microsoft PowerPoint, where this will greatly influence the location of objects that are inserted or used to convey a message. Each layout and design contained in Microsoft PowerPoint has its own function and use. Apart from that, the background design also determines the presentation that will be delivered.
You can adjust the layout and background design that you will use according to the needs of the presentation. Microsoft Powerpoint has prepared various layout options that you need, if the existing layout is not satisfactory you can choose the Blank layout. With this blank layout, you can create your own layout according to your presentation needs.
- How to Change Layout
- How to Add and Define Layouts
- How to Design a Presentation Background
- How to Use Themes
- How to Set Theme Variants
- How to Use Templates
Chapter 4 : Working with Text
Text has an important role in a presentation, because it functions to explain the aims and objectives of the presentation itself. You can create text with existing slides
layout or by adding a text box.
Microsoft Powerpoint 2019 also provides formatting buttons like those in Microsoft Word, although the command buttons are not as complex as those in Microsoft Word, because Powerpoint is intended for making presentations, not a word processing program.
In this chapter, we will review how to type text on slides as well as format text for various needs in designing a presentation slide.
- How to Type Text on Presentation Slides
- How to Select Text
- How to Move the Position of a Text Frame
- How to Format Text and Paragraphs
- How to Set the Space Between Characters
- How to Format Text with the Font Dialog Box
- How to Format Paragraph Text
- How to Set Paragraph Indentation
- How to Set Space Between Paragraphs
- How to Set the Space between Lines in a Paragraph
- How to Set Text Direction
- How to Set Numbering Format
Chapter 5 : Working With Advanced Text
In this chapter I will discuss how to work with Advanced Text, specifically discussing how to create text with WordArt. wordArt is a text object that has a beautiful appearance compared to standard text which was previously discussed in the previous chapter. WordArt has many effects settings and charming color combinations that make presentation designs cooler and more attractive to present.
- How to Create WordArt
- How to Format WordArt Styles
- How to Format WordArt Fields
- How to Give Solid Colors to WordArt
- How to Give a Gradient Fill to WordArt
- How to Use Images in WordArt
- How to Use Textures for WordArt
- How to Outline WordArt
- How to Add Effects to WordArt
- How to Shape Format in WordArt
- How to Using Text Fill
- How to Using Text Outline
Chapter 6: Working with Shapes
This chapter will explain in detail the creation and arrangement of very diverse shapes of object shapes. Microsoft PowerPoint has grouped various types of shape objects into several categories such as: Lines, rectangles, Basic Shapes, Block Arrows, Equation Shapes, Flowcharts, Stars and banners, Callouts, and Action Buttons. By understanding in depth about shape objects in Microsoft Powerpoint, you can design cool and interesting slides like the ones on the Youtube.com/software Solusindo channel, where you will get a complete tutorial on designing presentation slides in Powerpoint.
- How to Insert a Shape Object
- How to Change the Shape of a Shape Object
- How to Change the Size of a Shape Object
- How to Change the Style of a Shape Object
- How to Set Shape Object Frames
- How to Give Shape Object Effects
- How to Set the Shape of a Shape Object
- How to Insert Text in a Shape Object
- How to Drawing Free Objects
- How to Insert an Arrow Object
- How to Set the Order of Object Positions
- How to Set Object Alignment
- How to Group Shape objects
- How to Shape Object Rotation
Chapter 7: Working with Images
Images in a presentation are not only interesting to look at, they will also make people who see them understand better what the content of the presentation you are conveying means. Because a person’s brain will understand something better if there are pictures as illustrations rather than a presentation consisting of text alone.
- How to Insert Pictures in PowerPoint
- How to Change Images
- How to Manipulate Images
- How to Adjust Lighting in Images
- How to Remove Image Background
- How to Style an Image
- How to Add Effects to Images
- How to Give Artistic Effects to Images
- How to Crop an Image
Chapter 8: Working with Tables
In this chapter, things related to tables will be explained in detail and thoroughly. The table itself is an object consisting of rows and columns which contains several cells which are the intersections between rows and columns.
Chapter 9 : Working with SmartArt and Graphics
SmartArt graphics are visual representations of your information and ideas. SmartArt itself consists of several selected categories, including: List, Process, Cycle, Hierarchy, Relationship, matrix, Pyramid, and Picture. Combined with other features such as themes, SmartArt helps you create quality presentation illustration designs with just a few mouse clicks.
When you choose a layout for a SmartArt graphic, ask yourself what you want to convey and whether you want your information to look different. As part of this process, when you create a SmartArt graphic, you are asked to select a category such as Process, Hierarchy, or Relationship. A category is similar to other SmartArt Graphics categories, and each category contains several different layouts.